Tuesday, April 22, 2008

M - Things Noah has never said on a fishing trip

Three things my son has never said while on the boat - but his sister did tonight:

1. Daddy, I'm getting dirty. (complaining)
2. Can you take me home now? (complaining)
3. The fishing pole is hurting my hands. (stating the facts as she saw them)

Tonight was our first 'real' night out fishing this season. We actually had about an hour to settle in and wet a line. The boys were also happy to welcome the smallest of our girls out on the boat with us. Katie caught a bass and a perch. She did a great job reeling them in all by herself even though you may have surmised from above that she bores quickly.



I caught two bass. One was a keeper and one wasn't. They were biting on my favorite plastic worm - sparkle blue or purple with a fire orange tail. With two kids in tow I didn't actually get much fishing time as you might imagine (I often forget that will be the case). Noah caught three perch - two of which were very nice. If we had time to clean fish tonight we'd definitely have those tiny filets (yes, perch filets!) in our freezer right now. Our Grandma Mary never met a perch she couldn't eat!


Here is a little video of Katie and her bass:

No comments: