Tuesday, April 8, 2008

D - Interacting with Friends

I think it's always fun to see my kids interact with their friends. It is so interesting the way their behavior changes as they get all giggly and show off.

Today I had the pleasure of driving Katie's friend Brett home from Sonshine School. With no Noah in the car, it was very entertaining to watch Katie transform into another personality. Gone was the girl who frequently defers to her brother's wishes. The girl today was in full show-off mode -belting out Hannah Montana songs and dancing along to the music. She was more aggressive with giving me orders on which songs I should be playing on the radio and took the lead in making sure Brett was having a good time. It was really funny.

They had a couple of conversations too that just cracked me up, so I wrote them down to share with you.

Story #1

I opened Katie's lunch to see what she had left in there and handed her the grapes that she hadn't finished.

Brett: "I want some grapes."

Katie: "I'm sorry I can't share with you (said very passionately, but very insincerely). I'm sick."

Brett: "You're sick?"

Katie: "Yep. Wanna here? (Cue loud forced cough sound HERE) See?"

Alright, I can see that this isn't as funny as I try to write it out. Sorry. But since I told Melanie I was going to post them here, I'm going to forge ahead.

Story #2

Katie wanted Brett to hand her a monster truck that he was playing with. She persistently requested it and even said "Please" each time.

K: "Can I have it PLEASE???"

B: "Say the magic word."

K: "I said, PLEASE!"

B: "No. Abracadabra."

He's a hoot, Melanie!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That was pretty entertaining. Thanks! Brett gets pretty goofy around other children too. Thanks again for picking him up and even calling it a pleasure!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's funny. I'm a lot like you. The kids say and do the funniest things, but I can't seem to put them into words where other people can get the full picture. Those were funny stories. I especially like #2.

JB