Monday, April 7, 2008

D - Excercise, Housework & Other Babblings

This morning I let my "friend" Kristin talk me into joining her at the Y for a Boot Camp class. Thus far I have worked quite hard to never attend one of those classes, and now I know why. It was AWFUL!!!!! About 45 minutes into it I seriously considered sneaking out. I didn't though, so I suppose I'm proud that I finished it and still have enough mobility left in my arms to type this. Just when I start to feel like I'm in pretty good shape, something will happen like a substitute teacher or trying a new class, and that will put me back in my place. Ugh.

I really don't plan on going again, but I'm trying to decide if it's because I'm a wimp or if it's just that I don't want to disrupt my weekly schedule to add another class. If you're really bored, you can read on, otherwise you have my permission to check out. I'm pretty much just thinking out loud here.

Here's my weekly daytime schedule:

Monday - Also known as Weekend Recovery Day - I strip all the beds, wash sheets and remake them. Catch up on weekend's laundry and start picking up the MULTITUDE of toys and clothes that have covered the floor over the weekend.

Tuesday - Sonshine School day & Spin class. After getting cleaned up from spin, I empty trash cans, clean bathrooms, vacuum, mop and dust (kind of lying on this one - no one come over with white gloves). These are the remnants of my Flylady habits. I quit getting her emails, and my house is definitely not as well-ordered because of it.

Wednesday - I do a toning class at the Y and usually work on some laundry.

Thursday - Sonshine School & Spin. This is my play day. After I get cleaned up from spin, I let myself go shopping or read a book or something else totally unproductive.

Friday - Fun day. This is the only morning of the week that we do things like go to the zoo or the park or something fun for the kids.

Saturday/Sunday - Pretty much just family stuff. Soccer games, a yoga class, church. I pretty much do nothing around the house on weekends which is why Mondays and Tuesdays are so rough.

So, that's it. I always wonder how other women manage their homes, so if you feel like sharing your schedule, I'd love to hear it. Now that I've got mine all laid out there, I see why I am so busy at the start of each week - it looks like I kind of slack toward the end. Oh well, it works for me. But that is precisely why a Monday Boot Camp class does not work for me, right? I'm not just a wimp, right? Right? I said, RIGHT????

4 comments:

Jessica said...

RIGHT!!

I'm just so impressed you go to spin class you don't need to do anything else in my book.

I seriously thought I was dying during the one spin class I only made 15 minutes of.

Cheryl said...

RIGHT! I have to say that I went to that class in August one time and they started outside running around the building in the heat and humidity. Yea...I lasted 20 minutes then went inside to the air conditioning and the treadmill. You are more woman than me. I'll try to put my schedule in a post soon. I need to find time to go to the Y. Just don't know what to cut out! HELP!

Cindy said...

Doesn't Mike do the early morning boot camp? He even talks about how tough it is!

Chrissey said...

You're not a wimp at all...I think our bodies just get used to doing one type of exercise and then when you try something new it's a shock that it's so hard. But I think it's normal. I've done the boot camp and have mostly gotten used to it...if I were to come try your spin class, I probably would pass out after 5 minutes!!