Saturday, February 2, 2008

M - The snow will come and go


I took this time-lapse video earlier in the week from my office window. I bought this webcam a couple years ago so that I could see the fam while I was traveling. We have one on our home computer also. The software it came with has a time-lapse feature where you can customize how frequently it takes a picture and for how long. You can even change the frame rate of the stitched pictures, which it does automatically also.

When it starts snowing in the video you can see the snow build up on the leaves and the subsequent bow they take as a result of the added weight. At the beginning of the video you can see the reflection inside our offices because it is still dark outside. You can also see the reflection of my webcam perched there in the window. As the ambient light outside the window increases, so does the view through the glass.

When you see alot of snow disappear at once it's because I had to take my computer to a meeting and thus stopped recording for about an hour.

Be sure to notice the condensation trails of the jets passing overhead at about 32 seconds into the video.

No comments: