Thursday, February 14, 2008

M - Mom obviously needs better manners

Aside from this blog, I keep a more personal journal that I hope to give the kids some day. It is chock full of pictures and stories, fun things we've done together, and as best I can muster, how much and all the reasons I love being their dad. The journal is 86 pages so far, fully ensuring they'll probably never take the time to read it. :-)

Anyway, here is an entry from 25 Nov 2006 that I wanted to share with you.

Noah has been counting down the days until his friend Chandler gets to visit our house tomorrow. He started counting down about 9 days out and tomorrow is the big day.

He and I were at the mall yesterday enjoying a small container of Dippin’ Dots ice cream when I asked him what he and Chandler did last time she came over. Following is an EXACT quote of what he said:

“Last time Chandler came over mommy got to do whatever she wants. She got to clean dishes and wash clothes...it just worked out perfectly for her. I can't remember if she thanked us or not.”

Really, mom. How rude.

4 comments:

The Williams said...

I love it! Maybe she needs to come to our house too so I can get some more cleaning done.

Montie said...

That is stinkin hilarious!

Jeny said...

That is exactly what I want to do every day too! How ironic mommies have the same favorite things to do! Only somehow I don't ever get to do those things...or maybe I am really good at putting them off to do some real chores like play with my kids!

Jeny said...

That is exactly what I want to do every day too! How ironic mommies have the same favorite things to do! Only somehow I don't ever get to do those things...or maybe I am really good at putting them off to do some real chores like play with my kids!