Tuesday, February 5, 2008

D - A Regrettable Conclusion

This evening I came to the regrettable conclusion that I am some sort of a mutant packrat. Not a real packrat mind you, just some version of one. A real packrat by my definition is someone who looks at an item they no longer use and elects to save it because they may someday use it again. Not me - no way. If I don't use something, I get rid of it. I sell it, give it away, trash it. Whatever. It's out of here.

So, what changed my mind? Well, tonight as I was fixing dinner, I smelled something strange in the fridge. In my quest to find it, I came upon a jar of pickles that said, "Best if used by April 2007." Ugh. This, coupled with the Neosporin I found in our medicine cabinet 2 days ago with the February 1997 expiration date, brought me to the point where you now find me. A slob. A packrat. Someone whose home you seriously need to question ever eating in.

So what, you may ask, was the smell that brought me to this state? Don't know. Maybe I'll discover it in another year or two......or 11.

******************************************************************************

PS - Mike just read this and said he thinks it gives an unfair picture of who I am. I love him.

2 comments:

KT said...

I have this same problem with food and medicine. I despise keeping leftovers b/c I never want to utilize any energy cleaning them out and Travis LOVES to eat leftovers. I don't know how we ever got together!

NEIL and MARY said...

That's funny! Today I thought to myself, "I wonder if I need to buy a new tub of butter? It seems like it's been a while." Turns out, it expired today. Crazy.