Sunday, November 18, 2007

D - Nephew #2


Sorry for the delay in reporting, but I've been busy and tired. Mary went into labor at about 4 pm on Thursday, so I went to the hospital at 9:30 that night thinking the baby would be there any time. I was WRONG! So after about 1 hour of sleep that whole night, I finally got to see my 2nd nephew at 12:03 pm on Friday (That's not entirely true, it was more like 1:30 or so by the time I saw him, but I'm not complaining.). And by saying my 2nd nephew, I mean ALL of him....all 9 lbs, 6 oz and 21 inches of him. I've never seen such a full face on a newborn (Not even on Noah who is proud that he still has Joel beat by 1 oz)!


It has been so much fun to hold Joel and love on him. I nicknamed him "Joely Poly" a long time ago and told Mary that I really hoped he would be fat to live up to that name - boy, did she ever deliver! Having nieces and nephews is so much fun, and much easier than having more children of my own. Now I really can't wait to go to TX to hold Nephew #1!!!

4 comments:

The Williams said...

Very sweet! Congratulations on #2.

Ledbetter Fam said...

So sweet!!! I am so happy for you guys. I'm a little jealous because my parents went to Jill's house tonight. I wanted to go, but I wasn't really invited and I didn't want to overwhelm Jill. She already had your parents, Aunt Claire & Uncle Floyd, and my parents over. Yikes!!! I would love for us all to get together soon so we can enjoy each other's kids! Love you all!!!

JB

Cindy said...

Congratulations! It was so great to hear the news Sunday Morning during early service when they announced his arrival! He really does have a full face.

KT said...

Way to wish a difficult delivery on your poor sister! J/k! He is so cute you just want to squeeze him. I am so happy for them. I know they must be beyond excited to finally have him here!