Friday, November 2, 2007

D - Music to my ears

Because so many of you thoughtful readers commented on my post after Noah's troubled first day of school, I thought I would do him a real justice and post after his first parent/teacher conference. Less than an hour ago his teacher actually uttered the very phrase that got me out of bed and to that school - "He knows he's my favorite." Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now that's something this former teacher's pet can relate to.

Seriously, she said he's doing great. She told me she had to correct her first week impression of him as an athletic kid who would cause her problems throughout the year. He's the best boy reader in both of her classes and amongst the top 3 even when the girls are in there. I'm really proud of him. His reading really has come so far this year. I think it has something to do with his massive competitive gene - he's only happy when I sign a page in his reader saying he did it perfectly. He was soooooo happy last night because he set a personal record - 5 pages in one night! I guess being competitive can be a good quality......

No comments: