Wednesday, February 4, 2009

D - Grounded

I briefly mentioned last week that Noah was grounded from the Wii while we were stranded inside during the ice storm. I left out the story behind the grounding though and really have to share it.


Now that I start this, I don't actually remember the original reason for the grounding. Whatever it was, though, he was grounded for a full day. That evening, however, his dad really wanted to play with him, so I made an exception and said Noah could choose to be grounded the following morning instead of that evening. This, of course, sounded great to him, so he went with that option.


When I got up the next morning (always after the children on snow days), I walked into the living room to find him playing the Wii!!! What? Through tears and many, many hugs, he told me how sorry he was and that Katie had just finished playing and he was turning it off for her and couldn't resist the temptation to play. And you know what? I really do believe him. He felt just awful. He never once begged for me to take back the punishment of not playing for another two days.


I went into the kitchen and fixed their breakfast and hollered for him to come eat. Nothing. So, I went looking for him. He was in my room just putting the finishing touches on making MY bed. Beautifully. Better than Mike could ever do. Also, he had put this sign on my pillow.





Isn't he sweet? It's impossible to stay mad at him when he feels guilty.

5 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is so sweet! It's hard to punish them when they are so repentant.

JB

Jill said...

What an awesome kiddo!! That is when you know you have done something (probably many things) right as a parent!!

Cindy said...

Wow...definitely a keeper!

Unknown said...

Oh that is SOOOOO sweet! How adorable!

Cheryl said...

What a sweet heart he has. He will make a great hubby one day!