Thursday, January 29, 2009

D - I'm tired + the Thunder game

I don't know about the rest of you snowed-in, iced-in moms, but I'm exhausted. I was prepared for the first day and even the 2nd and genuinely had fun staying cooped up with my kiddos those two days. We caught up on some cub scout projects and made food pyramids, scrapbooks, sock puppets, painted woodwork, went sledding, watched 2 movies and played LOTS of Nerf basketball, but now I'm tired of being the entertainer! Why, oh WHY, did Noah have to go and get himself grounded from the Wii? This last day (and it BETTER be the last day) has been exhausting.


Because of the looming insanity, we risked life and limb to go to the Thunder game last night. Despite the sure and sudden death that was certain to occur if we so much as looked at our car, we somehow drove 60 on the wet roads and made it with no problems. The game was a first for Katie and I, and it was a blast! Not being much of a basketball fan myself, I'm sure that simply getting out of the house was a large contributor to just how much fun I had.

Katie did NOT love every minute of the game....

So I had to work hard there too by dancing her around all over the place. I'm sure the people around us thought I was insane. Also, I'm not sure when I grew a second chin, but it's showing up in more and more pictures these days......

Lest you think Noah stayed behind, here he is in all his charming 7-year-oldness. Ain't he funny?

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

I LOVE basketball!!! I, however, watch the MAVS. I'm glad y'all had fun. I would've been ready after staying home that long. We only had one day at home from school and I was asleep.

JB

Cindy said...

Love the double chin!