Thursday, February 19, 2009

D - Word Up!

Yesterday when I woke Noah up for school, I walked him into the living room and we were snuggling on the couch as he was waking up. While we were lying there I heard the trash truck coming down the street. Here's our conversation.

Me: Oh, no! I hope Daddy remembered to take out the trash.

Noah: He probably did. He's pretty reliable.

Me (laughing): You're right, but where did you learn that word?

Noah: Word Girl.



Yet another benefit to not having cable tv. Your kids are forced to watch whatever educational show PBS has to offer!

PS - I just spent the last 5 minutes verifying that I correctly used the word "lying" (vs. "laying") in my first paragraph. Geek!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Even those with cable TV can watch PBS!

Melanie said...

We love Word Girl! We watch lots of PBS (we have cable)

Cindy said...

We are Word Girl fans too!

KT said...

We watch PBS too and we have cable and DVR! If T knew how much it all cost, it would be discontinued so I keep that on the DL! I don't know how you do it! You have my vote for sainthood!!!

Audrey said...

I totally "sympathize" with you on no cable. But, I'm afraid my kids would watch more TV than they already do if we did. Although the other day, Carson was watching that math show that comes on at 10am, which is when we usually turn it off. I went to turn it off and he said he was learning about the numbers.

Dustin said...

Cable is overrated (as is most tv in my opinion)! Every time we've had cable we end up watching most of our shows that are broadcast anyway. To me (not sure Amy agrees) the value is just not worth it right now. And C&D really like Qubo too(62-2).