Friday, February 6, 2009

D - Katie's Turn

Since I posted one of Noah's pieces of artwork last, I wanted to share one of Katie's too. She has been working hard this year at home and at Sonshine School to learn all of her letters. She spends quite a bit of time these days with a notebook in hand writing out letter after letter after letter and filling up the whole page. It's really cute.

A couple of weeks ago she came in and asked me how to spell something for her so she could hang a sign on her door. It was a really long phrase for a 4 year old, but I couldn't talk her out of it. So I sat at the computer and typed the whole thing out and told her to copy the letters. I didn't think she would stick with it through the whole thing, but I was wrong.



It reads:

Top Line - "Everyone"

Bottom Line, starting 4 letters in: "Can Come In"

2nd line from bottom: "My Room"

3rd line from bottom: "Except For"

4th from bottom: "People I"

Left of picture working up: "Don't Know"

So, the moral of this story is that if you're over at our house hoping to see Katie's room and she doesn't know you, you're just outta luck!

4 comments:

KT said...

Wow, that's some excellent writing! Go Katie!

Melanie said...

That is cute!

That is awesome she likes to write, Brett does not. He says it is too hard. First child?

Ledbetter Fam said...

Way to go Katie! That is so great writing.

JB

Ledbetter Fam said...

Way to go Katie! That is so great writing.

JB