Thursday, November 20, 2008

D - Little Miss Muffet

I have a rather sarcastic sense of humor and sometimes have to find ways to amuse myself when I'm home all day with kids who don't get my jokes. Yesterday one of the kids' shows made a reference to Little Miss Muffet, and I started entertaining myself by making up a story. Noah, however, is starting to understand what I'm doing and doesn't really find me all that funny. You tell me.

Me: You know, I know a Little Miss Muffet.

Noah: No, you don't.

Me: I do! She likes to sit on a tuffet when she eats her breakfast.

Noah: Mom.

Me: Once though, she got scared because this huge spider came and sat by her.

Noah: Mom!

Me: It scared her so badly that she ran away.

Katie: Maybe that's what this story is about!!!!

Noah: No, it's not. Mom's just silly.

No comments: