Tuesday, November 18, 2008

D - The Golden Boy & The Candyland Curse

Doesn't that sound like a great title for a children's book? Anyhow....

Noah is one of those people in life for whom things just seem to go right. He's cute, smart, athletic, positive, thoughtful, kind, competitive, and has a high self-esteem - just an all-around sort of great guy. You know the type. You love 'em, and you hate 'em. He's the kind of person who wins raffles, lotteries, etc. that you don't even feel the need to enter because you never win anything. Well, he does. I once introduced him to a former co-worker at a school function as the kid who WILL win the musical chairs game that was just starting with over 20 kids in the running - I was right. I just know in advance that he will always come out on top.

I say all of that to say this - The child is CURSED at Candyland. I can't even tell you how many times the kid has lost this game! He can be one square away from a win and get sent back to the front of the board every time. It is soooooooo frustrating for him (& for me who is constantly trying to find a way to throw the game). I keep thinking statistically he will have to start winning at some point, but I guess he must be saving up his wins to take out on his own children. Or perhaps the gods of winning are trying to school him in how to lose gracefully. He could definitely still use some work there.

2 comments:

KT said...

That's too funny! Stinkin' candyland is out for Noah!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh my goodness. He and Wade sound so much alike. He just needs to save up all of his wins for bigger and better things!!!

JB