Friday, March 21, 2008

M - Treehouse Update #5

I knew the railing would be a challenge but it turned out to be much more so than I anticipated. I had to make a lot of design revisions on the fly and....correct several mistakes - bummer!

For those that have been so kind enough to read the blog and ask for updates, I'm (kind of) glad to say that the family will not return until Saturday. While I REALLY miss them, I sure want to have this project complete before they return.










I AM SO SORE in the neck, back and hands (I'm also apparently much older than I'd like to think)!!










I had a spectator or two most of the day today.











Click on this picture to see my dinner delivery (thanks MOM!).









YUM!!










I'm not really happy with the railing. It still needs some trim work but most importantly it is strong and safe. It was another late finish tonight and the biggest challenge lies ahead for Saturday - Stairs and Slide. Dana, Noah and Katie will probably arrive back home in early afternoon so I'm not quite sure where I'll be with the ol' treehouse. If it goes very very well, I'll be done. Otherwise, I should be close and I put the railing on today just so the kids could at least play up there without being unsafe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed and jealous!! Your kids are going to be the happiest kids on the block this summer w/ their cool treehouse. If they have a secret password, I hope they'll share it w/ you for building such a cool house!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is so cool. I'm glad you had an extra day. I bet the kids were so happy and excited. I can't wait to see pics and hear the story.

JB

Cindy said...

Wow! We did not come home to a surprise like this. But we are looking forward to a possible treehouse party! :) You did an amazing job. Can't wait to hear and see pics of the kids when they see it!