Wednesday, March 26, 2008

D - Too much month...

Too much month at the end of the money - That's the problem I have this week! I'm sure most of you know that the Bosleys are a Dave Ramsey family. Well, between consignment sales and Spring Break, I've gone through my cash a little too quickly this month. After taking all of the bills from all of my envelopes and pooling them together, I have a grand total of $21 (errr, now it's only $12) to make it through this entire week.

This, apparently, is cramping Noah's style as well as my own. On Monday he decided he really wanted McDonalds for lunch. I explained our dilemma to him and told him we weren't going to be spending any extra money this week. On Tuesday he wanted to go to Eileen's for a cookie after school - still, no can do. So today on our way home from the Y, he asked what we were doing for lunch. I replied, "Going home."

Long, quiet pause.

"Is it April yet?"

6 comments:

Cindy said...

You did better than me...I only have $7.00 left. My kids just tell me to go to the bank when we are out. Madison is getting better about understanding.

Chrissey said...

Um...ditto. At least Noah didn't announce to the Sonshine School class that he couldn't take home a book order because mom and dad don't have the money and his dad won't give any to his mom! That was Rielyn. Kids are great aren't they? I'm going to plant a money tree next month!

KT said...

Hilarious! I don't think I could do the Ramsey thing. Maybe you should start passing around a collection plate for long months!! Or maybe there should be extra money for months with 31 days...yeah, that's the ticket!!

Cheryl said...

I'm right there with you. Steve used to get paid bi-weekly (on the opposite Friday that I got paid). Now, with his new job, it's the 1st and the 15th like military! Ughh! I can't do the cashe thing though. We do so much worse with cash in our wallet then the debit card. We are a devout Dave Ramsey family, just can't do the cash. we are more reluctant to put things on our card because we have to write it in the check book and the budget book. Good luck...You can come to our house for date night tomorrow! :)

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Love Dave Ramsey. Noah, you crack me up!

JB

Jana Kay said...

I'm with you Noah! I want it to be April! We have spent so much on home improvements that we have no wiggle room!