Tuesday, March 11, 2008

D - Getting Dressed

Mike told me that the next post I do about Noah has to be a positive one. He doesn't think I'm giving the poor kid a fair shake. I hope he thinks that soccer one was positive, because I just have to post this story!

Most days I pick out Noah's clothes. He frequently doesn't like my choice, so I have to go back and find something else. Last week I thought I had a great idea. I asked him to go to his closet and pick which shirt he wanted to wear, and then I would pick out the pants to match.

Noah: "Well.......what happens if I pick out something you don't like?"

Me: "Oh, I trust you." (Thinking that he really doesn't have any shirts I don't like)

Well, he came back in this, his YMCA basketball jersey.



Me: "Noah, did you just TRY to pick out something that I wouldn't like?"

Noah: "Well........... I DID think that at first, but then I really DO want to wear this!"

Yep, I let him wear it to school. Apparently all the kids thought it was really cool.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Rylan LOVES jerseys. YMCA, Sooners, Nuggets, Avalanche, Broncos. Now he wears his from upward basketball...it is reversible blue/gold. Guess which color he prefers. The only problem is he doesn't like to wear a shirt underneath, he only wants to wear the jersey. The ones with sleeves are okay, but the sleeveless are a little harder for me. I applaud you for giving in and letting him pick.

Ledbetter Fam said...

He's so cute! You should ask my Mom about letting Jana Kay dress herself. YIKES!!!

JB

Cindy said...

Isn't it sad that kids already have a sense of fashion or a say in it at such a young age? I spent 4 grooling (and I do mean grooling) hours with Madison shopping for an Easter Dress. I feel your pain!

Dava Lynn said...

Sooo much fun! We're jersey crazy at our house, as well. And, I LOVE that he admitted he was trying to push your buttons! Definitely your kid!! Love you!