Saturday, January 26, 2008

M - Saturday Pancake Proliferation

Much to my wife's chagrin, I like an occasional food experiment in the kitchen. Not that I enter the 'business-side' of the kitchen very often. It's not really that productive unless I'm making breakfast for myself while everyone else sleeps.

Since I usually eat between 5:15 and 5:45, any breakfast consumed with the family on weekends is really more of a 'brunch' of sorts around 10.

Following you will see pictures from our Bisquick pancake experiment. When mixing ingredients, it was just too tempting to have the Nestle Quik Strawberry mix so close at hand without using it. Strawberry pancakes sounded kinda tasty so we figured a little strawberry mix would really hit the spot. We eyeballed just enough of the powdery goodness to make our overall mix take on a pinkish hue.









Our first pancakes turned out great.










Not content with the boring round pancake, we put the batter in a ziploc bag and cut about 1/4-inch out of one corner. This allowed us to make some shapes in the pan. Letters are easiest.











Animals are fun but seldom recognizable if, like me, you have the artistic talent of a cement block.









Noah dubbed this a chicken although I was going for more of a bovine look.

One final word of warning, exercise extreme caution with the flip lest you decapitate your hapless creation.

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

So, did they taste good? Did the strawberry taste come through?

JB

Dana said...

M - I guess I forgot that little detail, huh? Of course they tasted good! I wish I'd used a little more strawberry though. There's always next time. No matter what you do, it's hard for anything to taste 'bad' when you soak it in enough syrup!

Michelle said...

I'm sooo gonna try that Mike! Sounds yummy.