Wednesday, January 23, 2008

D - A chip off the old (sarcastic) block

Today as I was waiting in line to drop Noah off at school, I picked up a magazine that Katie had taken from church the other night. You know - one of those freebies with pretty much nothing but ads from local places wanting you to spend your kid-oriented money there.

Anyhow, she saw me looking at it and decided she needed to have it. I told her just a minute that I wanted to look at it really quickly. She kept hounding me, and I was trying to appease her with little comments like "Oh.......Mmmmm, Hmmmmm........ In a minute........... I'm hurrying......" and on and on.

It wasn't really working and she was losing patience with me about the time that she saw an ad for Pump It Up and told me to look at it. I acted like I was looking for it (I know, bad mommy), but kept on reading my article. She was getting increasingly upset with me as she kept trying to describe where it was with me still being annoying by saying, "I'm looking......where is it?" I guess she finally had enough because she let me have it - a line her smart-allecky mom knows all too well - "It's right in front of your face!!!"

I know that I'm the one who created this monster, but she really does scare me.

4 comments:

KT said...

I love it! I'm trying to teach Quin to be the same. It is nice that we can pass on this trait to our kiddos. Tami Lollis just told me that you and I were a lot alike b/c we were talking about how I don't like to touch or be touched! Hee!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh no! That's all I'll say.

JB

Chrissey said...

That's funny! Ashlyn is quite the little miss attitude lately too. It's hard at this age to teach them not to do that when it's just so stinkin cute!

P.S.-you've been tagged, check out my blog for the details! :)

Michelle said...

I'm laughing outloud right now!