Tuesday, August 7, 2007

M - Drivin', Goflin' and Fishin'



Yesterday morning I headed out at 0600 for a quick trip to Tulsa to meet a gentleman from the Dept of Commerce. He had been trying to find a time for us to meet so he figured the PGA tournament in Tulsa would be as good a place as any. Not being a big golfer myself, it seemed like a little too much trouble but it turned out to be pretty cool (in a very HOT sort of way) thing to see. The PGA tournament is quite obviously a very massive undertaking. I'm sure they have long-learned process for pulling something off of this scale and magnitude. I was very impressed! I left around 11am in order to get back to the office.

I was absolutely worn out for some reason yesterday evening after I got home. Nonetheless, one young man named Noah was dead set on fishing and there was no changing his mind. Mom offered that perhaps we could fish from shore to avoid hauling the boat to the water and back. I agreed if Noah could write the word 'shore' by us giving him the letters and he writing it out (he didn't hear mom say 'shore' the first time around). He struggled around with it and finally got it right so off we went with little sister and her Barbie pole in tow. The breeze was pretty nice coming off the water and that helped alot. Katie was very impressive on the cast except that she preferred to sit while doing it. I pulled in a decent little bass on a spinnerbait and we headed to the house shortly after to start the clean-up process.

1 comment:

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's fun. Does Katie really fish or does she cast over and over like my kids do?

JB