Wednesday, August 22, 2007

D - I'm going to kill him!

So I worried about Noah all afternoon after watching his struggle with being dropped off at kindergarten. I prayed that he was having a good day and wasn't too scared. When time came to pick him up, I anxiously awaited seeing his beautiful face and hearing how he did.

Then reality set in. The teacher brought Noah to the van during pickup and said something like "He did.......okay?" (while gesturing the so-so motion with her hand). I immediately assume that he stayed nervous most of the day and that he was too timid to do all of the activities. I was WRONG! It turns out Mr. Noah didn't listen to the teacher and couldn't sit still with his legs crossed. I'm going to kill him! Who gets in trouble on the first day of kindergarten????

His defense? It was the first day, and he didn't know the rules. Oh, please, please, please don't let me have the bad kid! That's something this goody-goody mommy wouldn't know how to handle.

4 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh, oh, oh! I feel so bad for you! Dana Lee, I am just like you. In kindergarten Wade got a Red card for a long time, and I thought it was going to KILL me. I DID NOT get in trouble at school and if I ever did, I was absolutely devastated. I bet it will get better. Hopefully he will learn the rules really fast!!! I'll be praying for you. I love you!

JB

Cindy said...

I worry about Jacob and he is not even in school yet. I don't have much trouble with him but I am afraid he will be a hand full! Good Luck, my prayers are with you.

Deborah said...

It's ok, Zane got in time out yesterday, twice. The teacher said he did a little better today but it's all a learning process. Believe me I've had years of hearing about my precious boy and he's only 5. We just have to believe that we're not the only ones and take it one day at a time.Just have to make sure we really compliment the good because it is sooo easy to focus on the negative. He's a great boy and you should be proud.

The Williams said...

Don't worry. Olivia is the one that will get into trouble on the 1st day of school, probably for talking or acting out as the class clown. He's a smart kid. He will catch on quickly.