Wednesday, August 22, 2007

D - Well that was hard....

Mike and I just dropped Noah off at school for his first day of kindergarten. He was great all morning long and never seemed to give it much thought at all unless I mentioned it, and even then he was just excited.

When we got there, though, he got very nervous. I've never seen him like that. Even at pre-K last year he didn't have this hard of a time. He was clinging to Mike and I, and when we left, he just laid his head down on the rug. When he sat back up I saw him wipe away a tear. This child NEVER cries, and certainly not because he's scared. Needless to say, I was having a VERY hard time keeping my own tears in check. I peeked back in the room after the parents were all out and saw him smiling as they started singing a song. I know he'll be fine, but it's so hard to watch your baby be scared!

2 comments:

Gina said...

WOW! Kindergarten! Time sure flies these days! I was still thinking he was 4ish. Then again my own little munchkin is 3 1/2. We need to put a rein on Father Time!

KT said...

I nearly cried reading this! What is happening to us? Having kids has totally ruined my image!