Thursday, August 2, 2007

D - Children's Museum

Today was the first of 2 days where I am alone with the kiddos while Mike goes to his conference. I wasn't quite brave enough to revisit Waterworld (though I did briefly consider it), so I took them to the Denver Children's Museum instead. Once again, there is no pictorial evidence of this event because I am not our family photographer. Actually, I was just sick within the first 15 minutes of being there that I had forgotten mine.

I would HIGHLY recommend the museum to anyone traveling this way with kids under 8 years old. They have several different "playscapes" set up with different grown-up themes where kids can play and use those little imaginations. My kids really loved the mini grocery store where they had their own shopping carts, and Noah acted as cashier for a good half hour while Katie shopped and used a little mop and broom to clean up the store. Katie liked a little cabin that had a kitchen set up as well as bunk beds for her to make and a washing machine where she did her laundry. Noah's favorite thing was the Assembly Plant (this will be NO surprise to anyone who knows him at all). Here they have tools such as saws, screwdrivers, hole punches, safety goggles and all kinds of crafts supplies as well as instructions for building various projects. Noah opted to build a boat. I'm sure it would have looked better if Mike had helped him instead of me, but he's proud of it anyhow.

Once we caught up with Mike he asked the kids what their favorite part of the museum had been. Noah gave several different options, but then settled on the Assembly Plant. Katie thought for a whole 2 seconds before shouting "the Gift Shop!" Gotta love girls!

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

That sounds like fun! The gift shop thing cracks me up!

JB

KT said...

Nice to know Katie is on the right track!! Also, there is a similar museum in Seminole (about 45 min from OKC) that has those mini playscapes. Now, it probably isn't as great but still pretty cool.