Sunday, July 6, 2008

D - Watch out for those eggs!

I admit it. I'm one of those moms who occasionally leaves my children in a locked car while I run into places that I know I'll be in for less than 3-5 minutes. Before you call DHS, it's always someplace with windows where I can see the car the entire time I'm in there - but now you know.

However, since it is summer now, I have to drag them along. They are not big fans of this either, so more than once I've had to explain to them about how the inside of the car gets too hot and they could get very sick or even die if I let them stay in there. I go on and on and tell them that every summer some news channel will do an experiment where they fry an egg on the dash of a car just to show how hot it gets. And, oddly enough, apparently they've really been listening to me.

Today when we got home from lunch, we parked the car in the garage and were all piling out. Mike told Noah to bring in some of the toys he had in the van, and Noah pouted that he was just going to stay in the van. As Mike and I turned to leave him there, Katie said, "No, Noah! They will come throw eggs at you!"

4 comments:

KT said...

Just do what Laura D does and leave the car running while she goes in to get her toes done.

Jana Kay said...

I love it! Let me just say that Katie is soo entertaining. I am always waiting for the next story! hehe

Dustin said...

Nice KT, you know she will never see it unless someone spoils it and tells her.

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is so fun! I do the same thing. I also will leave the car running, but when I do that Wade locks the door and unlocks it when I get back. That's only if I'm going to be gone less than 5 minutes.

JB