Wednesday, July 9, 2008

D - Seaworld Vacation - Day 1

We had the best of intentions of blogging our family vacation on a day-by-day basis like we did last year, but we were just too worn out every night to even think about it this year. My sincerest apologies to my grandmother who checked faithfully every day expecting the promised updates!

So, with no further delay, here you have it - The Bosleys go to San Antonio!

Off we go!



We really liked our hotel this year - the Comfort Suites near Seaworld (so I'll remember next time we go). Nothing fancy, but it had a door separating the bedroom area from the bathroom/living room area which was extremely helpful to Mike who gets up VERY early and must kill multiple hours before the rest of us get up. Here's the favorite activity of the kiddos anytime we stay in hotels:




Entering the park (& a rare pic of Mike who is our family photographer!)



Trying to stay cool....







Exploring in Shamu's Happy Harbor






The kids' favorite show and favorite character - Uncle Max the enormous walrus. They love to talk about him.




Noah and Mike rode the kiddie roller coaster once before Katie decided she wanted to give it a try. Here she is excitedly anticipating the ride.




About 3 seconds into it....




5 seconds in and Noah looking to see how much fun she's having...




The end - giving you some idea of just how little fun was had.



Well, at least it didn't scare Mike!

3 comments:

Chrissey said...

How fun! I love Sea World...I think we're going to go again in October! I love the picture of Katie in the rope tunnel that's red and blue, thats a cool picture!

Cindy said...

Noah was telling me all about the trip yesterday. I am a huge fan of SeaWorld and own season passes! I try to avoid Shamu's Happy Harbour at all cost...I can't keep up with the kids and usually get lost! Shamu express is a favorite of Jacob & Madison's.

Unknown said...

I wondered if you had taken pics on your trip since you hadn't blogged! I love the play by play. Keep it coming. Makes me feel like I'm on vacation too!