Thursday, October 25, 2007

D - I got it right

Everyone who knows our family knows that Noah is a daddy's boy. For example, last week on fall break, I took the kids down to Houston to visit my parents. I had time to focus a little more attention on Noah than usual, and at one point he told me he loves spending time with me. As my face lit up, he realized he probably got my hopes up. He quickly added, "When dad's not around, you know?"

Anyhow, today I did something right. His kindergarten class was having their "Fall Celebration" (formerly known in public schools as a Halloween party). Even though it started at 2:00 and I had to leave by 2:15 to pick Katie up from Sonshine School, I put out the effort to make sure I was there. It turns out that took more effort than I thought since I locked my keys in my car at the grocery store and had to wait for AAA to bail me out and made it to the party 5 minutes late. It was worth it, though, when Noah's face lit up as I walked into the room. It was worth it again as I watched him tie for the win in musical chairs and give me a proud smile. It was worth it yet again when he realized I was the one who brought his favorite part of their snack, and I got an enthusiastic "Cool!"

For today, anyhow, I got it right. That was 10 minutes very well spent.

1 comment:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh my goodness! So sweet. I did the same thing last year for Wade's Christmas party. It was like 2 days after I had Joseph. I fed Joseph at the perfect time, so I decided to make the trek up to the school. Wade's face when I walked through the door was priceless!!! I love those moments, and I am so glad that you and Noah shared one!!!

JB