Wednesday, July 25, 2007

M - Mike's take on things


With a fair amount of subtle pressure, I'm now blogging it seems.

Noah and I fish up to 3 or 4 times a week. It's the perfect hangin' out opportunity and I know we are building memories that will last a lifetime. It is also well-documented with pictures which will come as no surprise to those that know me. In short, I like to photograph just about anything and everything. The picture to the left is a really nice bass that Noah caught all by himself. It weighed just under four pounds which is the largest bass I've ever seen come out of our pond.

Anyway, back to fishing and hangin' out together. Katie is slowly getting to the point where she can spend more than 5 minutes on the boat without us having to turn around and take her to shore. It drives Noah crazy when we have to stop and go back...but she's getting there!!

Noah and I in past years have put out a trotline but this year we are trying our hand at limb lines. Generally speaking we haven't done as well but we did pull in a 5lb channel cat that was well worth the effort. Katie thought it was REALLY cool and was quite upset at me when I turned it loose.


When we catch our own bait it's always in the form of small perch. Catching the bait using a cast net is almost as much fun as catching a fish or turtle on limblines. Here are a couple of pics of some of the nastier creatures we've pulled in. The first pic is an alligator snapping turtle and the second is a soft shell.



I've chronicled MANY, but not all, of our backyard zoo at this website:
www.ebosley.com/Pages/Backyard_Animals/bosley_backyard_zoo.htm

And, finally, here is one of my favorites of each of our beautiful babies. Katie is making a made dash down a drainage ditch to catch tadpoles in her net. Noah is proudly displaying one of the largest Okie frogs I've ever seen.


And to think...my wife calls me a city dwellin' redneck.?.?

So there's my first blog ever. Hopefully it was worth your time. I'm definitely going to have to get more efficient at it or I won't be much of a blogger!

3 comments:

Tim Priebe said...

Welcome to blogging, Mike. Cool pics!

Dustin said...

Welcome to the community. Just remember not to post about things we don't want to know about like your leg hair or belly button lint. Although, now that I think of it, would make for an interesting post.

Audrey said...

Great post Mike!