Saturday, July 21, 2007

D - My Beautiful Boy


Have you ever seen such a beautiful face on a boy? This picture is a little old - May of 2006 - but when I thought about what I wanted to say today, it's the one that popped into my head.


I was just out shopping for presents for Noah's rapidly approaching 6th birthday when I remembered that he needs some new underwear. (I realize someday he will be very unhappy with me discussing his underwear with the world, but for now he'll never know!)

Anyhow, as I looked over the selection for kids his age, I was overwhelmed with love for my beautiful, innocent boy. Apparently boys his age are into Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars and other things that seem really grown up to me. Noah, on the other hand, still gets scared by Disney movies and prefers Diego, Dragon Tales and Clifford. I know someday he'll be exposed to more grown up things, but for now, he's still just a little boy - with the most compassionate heart I've ever seen and so full of innocence and goodness that I'm filled with emotion when I look at this face. I pray that this is what God sees when he looks down at me. I hope he sees a world full of darkness and evil and that he sees Dana as good and beautiful and innocent. How I want to be that person!

So, what kind of underwear did he get? Superman. I'm pretty sure he's full of goodness too.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Beautiful words and such a sweet, sweet face!

KT said...

You're so insightful. Who knew?! That is an amazing pic and it displays who Noah is just perfectly.

Tim Priebe said...

Hey, you guys are blogging! Cool!

Another proud owner of Superman underwear. Josh has more Superman underwear than any three year old probably should.