Tuesday, May 26, 2009

D - Swimming Pool Advice

Our family has yet to invest in one of the bigger backyard swimming pools, but I'm thinking this could be the year. I'll just have to talk Mike into being willing to mow around it and having a big dead spot in his yard. Wow. That just sounded harder than I had thought......... we'll see.

Anyhow, if I DO manage to talk him into it, I would like some advice. These pools have been out for a few years now, so I want your opinions on them. Are they worth the effort to keep them clean? Are they fun? Do they hold up for more than one year? Which of these two styles do you think is better? I'll take any advice you've got. Thanks!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

The Goads have a little one with the blow up ring at the top. We love to go swimming there. It's perfect because Carson can stand up in it. I think it's 30 inches deep. You wouldn't want more than about 4 kids in there because it's pretty small. I know this is the 3rd year they've had theirs up. You might talk to Connie.

PS, I'm jealous. I don't think Kyle will ever go for the mowing around and the dead spot. Good luck!

Chrissey said...

We had the one with the blow up ring around the top (the biggest one-I think like 4 ft deep) for 3 summers. I loved it and so did the kids. The mowing part no big deal, but the dead grass underneath kinda sucked. The grass doesn't really have a chance to come back in before you put the pool back up again. The upkeep is not bad when you have it up...you just have to get the water tested at a pool place and then they'll tell you what you need to put in it. It's just a little hard to take it down and clean out at the end of the summer, but...TOTALLY worth it if you ask me!! I would try to convince Nathan to get another one too if we weren't thinking of selling the house in the next year...a huge crop circle in the backyard is not appealing to buyers I hear!

Kari Ann said...

Dana I know a family that has the first one you pictured and if you don't get it perfectly level it will lean more than the other one.