Wednesday, May 20, 2009

D - I Should Have Mentioned It

Here's a funny conversation I had with Noah on the way home from school today.

D: When we get home we need to be quiet because Daddy is taking a nap.

N: Why?

D: Because he stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG last night driving home so he could make it in time for Katie's Olympics today.

N: Cool! (Actually, there was a lot of "I can't believe Dad could do that" before we made it to "Cool," but I'm trying to keep this short.)

D: Not really. It really wasn't safe.

N: Why not?

D: Because when you get tired you don't drive as well because your brain slows down and you can't think as quickly.

N: Really????? Is that why I don't read as well at night?

D: Yep.

N: I mean, at school I'm just zooming through the pages, but at night I can sometimes not even keep my eyes on one line.

D: Yep. That's why.

N: (Thoughtful pause and then in all seriousness): You really should have told me about this before.

4 comments:

Nanny said...

That's funny!

KT said...

C'mon Dana! Let your kids in on all your little secrets!

Melanie said...

That's hilarious!

Dustin said...

Funny.