Wednesday, December 24, 2008

M - Wii pajama bowling in Ennis, TX

We knew we were going to get a late start out of Oklahoma City on our way to Houston for Christmas this year. Thus, MammaBoz decided we should try to stay in Ennis, Tx, just south of Dallas. We have become quite the raging fans for Comfort Suites hotels and that's where we are as I blog this entry. We checked the room rates before leaving OKC and everything was around $85 (which is always more than I like to spend on a hotel). My wife is a hotel snob...I am not. My basic requirements are clean sheets and I can manage around anything else.

The great thing is that the whole Choice Hotels chain is running $59 nightly holiday rates through the end of the year. The fact that the rooms are always nice and hot breakfast is always free makes it a great bargain!

Since the Bosley's are now owners of a Nintendo Wii, we brought it with us and enjoyed a round of family bowling before bed. It was boys vs. girls and the boys came out victorious by a single point. Katie is curiously good at Wii bowling! Perhaps it's the little hop down right after the ball is released. This is something that requires more study.

Wii baseball is pretty cool also aside from the additional shoulder injury I incurred swinging for the fences.

Here's a shot vid from our bowling adventures last night. Listen closely and you'll hear some of the awful things my bride is teaching my daughter about girls ruling and boys drooling. Enjoy!!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I have to agree with Mammaboz. I do have strict requirements for a hotel room. But I am cheap too...so it is hard to find sometimes. What a great deal you got. Quite the bowlers you all are! We will have to challenge you all sometime!

KT said...

That has to be the calmest game of Wii I have ever seen! Girls do rule!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Girls rule! Boys drool!!! I agree. Santa just gave us a Wii today. It's so fun!!!

JB