Thursday, December 20, 2007

D - & The Winner Is......

Chris Gee!!! Congrats on being the most convincing, deceitful story-teller we know. You were, however, among good company. Mike said he is worried for all of your spouses because you are all such quick, compelling liars! Seriously, you guys are good! I had so many great suggestions that I think I should find a way to post these as a resource to other needy parents.

In case you didn't read all of the comments, Chris' idea was to tell Noah that I had to take the bike back to the store. The reason this was such a persuasive argument for us is because Noah is plenty old enough to understand how cheap his father is. He knew I had gone to Walmart alone the night before, so I told him I bought the bike then. Then when I told dad about it, he said I had already purchased way too much for her (this part totally true) and the bike had to go back. Noah was horrified. He said, "But she would really love that!" I told him we would have to write Santa a letter and beg him to bring her one.

Now, Audrey, Gina, and all you others who think I'm horrible, PLEASE understand. I'm a good mother, really I am. Under normal circumstances I really am opposed to lying. I only make up these elaborate stories at special times like Easter, Christmas, loose teeth, April Fool's Day..............................

3 comments:

sgtboz said...

It's like I always say, "If a Christian mother can't lie to her children while guided by other Christian parents, who can she lie to?"

Really...that's what I always say.

Ledbetter Fam said...

There's nothing wrong with it!!! We were all lied to and look how normal we are... really! I'm glad that it worked out for you. It was really nice to talk to you the other night. We should do that more often. As if I really ever get a quiet moment to talk on the phone.

JB

Audrey said...

Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire! (Hope your trickery works)