Tuesday, September 18, 2007

D - "I can't see the movie when you're in the way."

Mike just surprised us by stopping by the house this morning when he had a break between work activities. He snuck into our bedroom where the kids were lying in our bed watching tv. When Noah saw him, he took a sharp intake of breath, gave a HUGE smile and jumped up to hug him.

Katie, on the other hand, glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, left her thumb in her mouth and kept watching tv. Not to be deterred, Mike laid down in front of her to give her a hug. In her deepest, gruffest morning voice she greeted him with the charming, Katie words: "I can't see the movie when you're in the way."

Did I ever mention that Noah is much like Mike and Katie much like me? Look out future men of America....you've got a handful with this one!

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh goodness, that sounds just like my Lafe. Wade is my affectionate one (I think Joseph will be too) and Lafe doesn't want to be bothered with all that stuff when he's into something else.

JB

Melanie said...

That's awesome! I love kids and the things they remind you of! The other day Brett was outside playing and he gave me 2 choices, like I usally do with him when I want him to do something. He asked me if I wanted to stay outside or go in. He said I needed to chose. Made me chuckle.