Tuesday, April 19, 2011

D - Bye, Bye Dumpster Treasure

Well, this is a red-letter day in the Bosley household.  You see, over15 years ago, my proud newlywed husband walked in the door of our apartment with a real treasure.  He had found a perfectly good set of tv trays just sitting by the dumpster.  Can you believe it?  I guess I'll blame it on the fact that we didn't have just loads of extra money back then (as opposed to now, of course), but for some reason I agreed to let them stay.

Flash forward 15 years to today:


I can't help but wonder what the poor saps who abandoned these perfectly functioning trays would say if they had only known just how many years of entertainment-filled dining they could have enjoyed if they had only held on to these babies.  But, "Out with the old, and in with the new," I say!  Unfortunately..... I only say that about once every 15 years or so.

PS - I'm thinking a weekly blog post may be too much of a challenge.  You'll notice the degree of interest of these articles seems to be declining.  Next week I may have to blog a picture of the hair Mike just pulled out of our shower drain.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

NEIL and MARY said...

Which one is the new one?

KT said...

Spare us the hair! I wonder what kind of funk was on that tray when you got it? Ugh! Glad you finally made enough money to get a new one!