Sunday, May 16, 2010

D - Epcot

So it turns out that it's a really good thing I'm finally doing this, because I've already forgotten a lot of the details of this trip. Because we made multiple trips to Epcot, they're all sort of blending together in my mind, and I can't remember exactly what we did when. Oh well.

I know day 2 started out for us with an early morning princess breakfast. Noah was thrilled.


In my mind anyhow, this breakfast was a highlight of the trip. Not only was the buffet beautiful with an enormous selection of delicious foods, but my daughter was just thrilled to be there. It was so fun.



These princesses are wonderful actresses, and you really feel like they are royal hostesses welcoming you into their castle.

Here's Katie with her former favorite princess, Sleeping Beauty.




Here's Noah with his favorite (& Mike's, who forced him to pose for this picture).



Katie's new favorite princess - Ariel. Actually, my favorite moment of the breakfast was when Ariel asked Noah if it was his idea to come to the breakfast. His face was horror-stricken. It was hilarious!





After breakfast we did what turned out to be our favorite rides in all of the parks - Test Track, Soarin' and Finding Nemo.

Guess whose seatbelts are on Test Track?




Yes, he made the ride lady hold up a seatbelt and smile.


This was Noah's #1 ride in all of the parks. We rode it 3 times for him.



It wasn't Katie's favorite the first time through, but she rode it all 3 times with us and actually grew to enjoy it.


Mike took a picture of our family pic that the ride auto-snaps. I don't really consider it a coincidence that he was taking a picture right as they caught us. It probably would have been more of a long shot if he hadn't been.

Katie's favorite ride in all of the lands was Finding Nemo. We also rode it 3 times.


I think my favorite ride has to be Soarin. It was such an amazing experience. At first I thought I was going to be terrified because it started going up like a ferris wheel. And. I. Don't. Do. Ferris Wheels. Luckily though, it stopped that motion pretty quickly, and I was able to relax and enjoy it for what it was. So unique!


Noah had fun playing in the fountains after we tortured Katie with another 3d show - Honey I Shrunk the Audience.


From here I'm pretty sure we wandered through some of the countries for a little bit in the world showcase before going to Hollywood Studios for dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. We weren't all that impressed, and after this dinner we just cancelled the rest of our sit-down meals. We decided that all Disney must get their food from the same vendor so it really just didn't taste that much different wherever you went. Maybe we just didn't go to the right places, but we decided to save some money and not have to be somewhere at a scheduled time and just eat at the fast-foodish places for the rest of the trip. It worked for us.

We made it back to Epcot 2 other times during our trip. Noah and I actually both rank it as our favorite park. It really gets a bum reputation as being outdated, and I couldn't recommend it enough. It is absolutely beautiful and I LOVED the world showcase and wish I could have spent MUCH more time there (& eaten LOTS more).

1 comment:

KT said...

I'm reading back through you and Audrey's DW experiences so I can know what to expect. Can I just say that lady holding up the seatbelt for Mike is beyond scary. I need to be prepared for scary people....I thought they were all fun college kids.... Yikes!