Wednesday, May 19, 2010

D - Destin Preview

Did I mention that we DROVE to Disney World? Oh, I did? Well, okay then. Because of all that added freedom, I talked Mike into a little preview of a vacation I've been wanting to do for a while now - Destin, FL. I've heard how beautiful it is, and we're definitely beach fans, and we were just SO close, so we HAD to check it out. It was very worth it.

Because Mike gets up MUCH earlier than the rest of us, he enjoyed his morning watching the sunrise on the beach - with camera handy as always. He got some great shots. I'm sure he would have picked others to show off, but I'm in charge here!











After church we had a quick lunch at a local seafood place (YUM!),



and then we hit the beach! Oh my, it was beautiful indeed. As you can see, it looked like snow. But when you are a regular in Galveston, I guess it doesn't take much to impress.



Because we needed to get back on the road about an hour after getting to the beach, I believe I said something along the lines of don't get wet or dirty. At least, I think I said it out loud.....





Take note of the coats. It was NOT warm out there, but you can see that didn't stop them.



While they were getting soaked, Mike was clearly snapping away, and I was just taking it all in. I LOVE the beach!!!



I can't wait for next summer!!!

1 comment:

Bridgwater said...

I remember three girls wading in the water on Galveston Island on December 26, 1989 just after we moved to Houston. Four days earlier was the fourth coldest day in Houston history but that did not stop you three. Your kids come by it honestly.
Dad