Saturday, January 30, 2010

D - Favorite Night of the year

I guess this lousy weather is good for something. I'm actually doing a little overdue blogging. And since the weather is now what is was then, I thought I'd go ahead with the Christmas post.

Mike and I both agree that our favorite night of the year each year is the night we do our family Christmas with the four of us. This year we stayed in Edmond for the holiday, so we did our special night on Christmas Eve.

Each year we do the same thing as we've already described here. We have a nice dinner complete with forcing our children to wear "fancy" clothes (a task LOVED by one and abhorred by the other - you guess which is which). This year, Mike had a GREAT time grilling during the great Blizzard of 2009.



We always move the kitchen table into the living room so we can eat in front of the tree.



Then we torture the kids by making them pose for pictures before they get to open presents. Mike always gets some good ones.





And some slightly less dignified ones...









The only thing Noah asked for this year was cable tv. He was really sick of being told that he wasn't going to be able to see OU play football because we didn't get that channel. So, after A LOT of begging from yours truly, Mike finally caved and allowed me to order it for him. Here he is trying to figure out what his present is. I wrapped up the refrigerator magnets with letters E, S, P and N and he had to unscramble them.



Got it!



Lots of other fun presents were exchanged. I was most excited by my fancy new google phone, Mike is loving his Sirius radio in his truck and Katie loved EVERYTHING she got and each was incredibly exciting and elicited lots of gushy comments.

We ended the night by scattering 3 different bags of reindeer food that Katie made at preK, Sonshine School and church.



It was another truly great Christmas, and I feel so blessed to be a part of this beautiful family.

1 comment:

Chrissey said...

I'm glad the reindeer food was used!! Nice to know it doesn't go to waste. I KNOW you keep EVERYTHING we send home, right?! :) Oh and thanks again to Noah and Katie for diligently watching our dogs...even through the blizzard of 09!