Friday, January 29, 2010

D - 2 Kid Stories

#1 Story - Noah

I've had a cold all week long that I just can't shake and have been feeling worse and worse each day rather than improving. Fun. Even more fun since Mike has been out of town all week. AND we've cancelled school 2 days in a row and been cooped up inside because of the weather. Awesome.

But good things DO come out of the yuck. This morning Noah greeted me the minute I woke up with breakfast in bed that he "had been planning for 2 days!" It was a delicious feast of club crackers, peanut butter crackers, a string cheese, a cereal bar and a Dr. Pepper. His 2 day prep included going to the garage last night and "sneaking in" a Dr. Pepper to the fridge so it would be cold for me this morning. What a sweetheart! I couldn't quite finish it all, but I did my best. Gotta love some string cheese at 7:30 am.

#2 Story - Katie

A couple of weeks ago the kids got their report cards. I opened Katie's in the car on the way home from picking her up and read her the "teacher comments." The first sentence said something about Katie being a delightful child. Here's the conversation that followed my reading it to her:

K: Can you read that again?

Me: Why? Do you just want to hear some more about how delightful you are?

K: Who do you think wrote that? Mrs. Potter (her teacher) or Ms. Perry (teacher's assistant)?

Me: Oh, I think it was probably Mrs. Potter. Why? Do you think Ms. Perry thinks you are delightful too?

K: Well....... I think they probably both agree on that!

I don't know if they both agree, but I know I do!

2 comments:

sgtboz said...

What a sweet boy! He must have learned alot from his dad.

And don't forget to mention that both of their teachers, each in entirely different schools, used the word "delightful" to describe our babies.

Jill said...

I just love your kids!! Noah is so sweet!! And Katie....just delightful!! Too Cute!!