Thursday, October 1, 2009

D - Branson (part 1)

In my woeful neglect of our blog over the past many months, I somehow avoided posting anything about our July Branson vacation. Since this blog is primarily for my enjoyment and the only scrapbook I have, I'm going to go ahead as if we just got back yesterday. So, welcome to our summer vacation!

We had a great time this year, as we always do when we travel. We decided to stick with our road trips close to home and discovered that Branson is an easy drive with a lot of fun family activities. Of course, this family fun comes with a steep price tag. We joked that a family of 4 can't do anything there for less than $200. Funny, but painful.

Here we go!



First stop: Silver Dollar City!

The kids really did enjoy the rides. But because Mike can't spin without getting sick, I was nominated for all round & round activities. Fun!








The only thing I remember about visiting SDC when I was a kid was making these candles. So, of course, my kids had to do the same thing!






SDC was originally founded when they opened the Marvel cave up for tours. The park just grew up around the cave as they provided more and more activities for tourists to take part in. We always enjoy a good cave tour, so this was a lot of fun and a great way to cool off! And since it is included in the admission price, it's a can't miss for the big-spending Bosleys!



Leaving on the tram. Mike always finds clever ways to photograph the family.

2 comments:

KT said...

Amazing pics, as always, Mike! I knew there was a reason Travis was very hesitant about going to Branson for vacay. Mike must have told him how much it costs! You didn't post about the outlet malls! That's the best part of Branson....

Jill said...

Looks like fun! I remember the candles and the leather bracelets that we hung on the swing set to "tan" them.