Thursday, October 29, 2009

D - 4 Tokens

Today I got a call from Noah's teacher. You just have to assume that's never good. But, in a funny way, this one was.

She called to let me know that Noah got in trouble today during inside recess. Apparently he was a part of a group of kids who were being loud and rough while pretending to play football - not acceptable behavior for inside recess.

She said she wasn't there because she was on her lunch break, but when the kids got back into the classroom, the tattle-taling began and she was filled in on everything. Apparently Noah isn't used to being in trouble and broke down in tears. She called him out of the classroom to talk with him and to calm him down.

When they got back in the room, she told the offenders that they had to give her 3 of the tokens that they had earned toward their end of month trip to her "store." As Noah handed her his, he told her, "I gave you 4 because I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry."

What a good kid! I know, I know. If you've ever been around him, you're probably thinking, "But he's a typical, loud, obnoxious boy!" Yes, he's that. But he also has the purest, sweetest heart of anyone I've ever met.

I love that kid.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

So sweet!

Melanie said...

That is so sweet! Melts my heart.

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's sweet!!

JB

Jill said...

I LOVE this boy!!! He is so precious!