Saturday, May 31, 2008

D - He's a Reader!

I'm going to have to take just a minute here to brag on my son, The Reader. I wouldn't do this, of course, if it were simply showing off. After all, we are a very humble family (the humblest ever, I think). But, you see, this blog is my scrapbook - as I've not actually touched either of my kids' baby books since about 3 days after each child was born. Normally I would never even consider such a blatant lack of humility, but you can see it is a must.


This is Noah's teacher.




She is a very nice lady, and Noah really enjoyed her this year. As you can see, they had a joking sort of relationship with one another.


I too appreciated her last week on the last day of school when she handed me Noah's report card and told me she thought I would be surprised by it. What? Surprised by a kindergarten report card? DID HE FAIL????


On the contrary. She told me that in her 10 years of teaching, Noah is the best boy reader she has ever had. She said there was absolutely no word that she could throw at him that he couldn't figure out. In his report card were the results of a computerized test that he took at the beginning of the year and at each report card period. On the results for this time, she hand-wrote that Noah got the highest marks in his class. I'm sooooooo proud of him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Noah! I love to read too and it is so great for your vocabulary! I'm proud of you!!