Monday, March 28, 2011

D - A Merry Thunder Christmas

It is always a challenge for me to think of a good gift for my mother-in-law because she's not really a lady who wants a lot of things, doesn't eat out much, and isn't into girly pedicures or other sissy things that I like.  This last Christmas as I struggled to find her something, I came up with a brilliant idea.  She likes basketball, she's pretty adventurous and fun and likes to do different types of things, plus she likes my kids a lot.  So, why not a Thunder game out with the fam?

It turns out, in order to get these REALLY good seats,


we weren't able to go until March.  She was really patient and waited and waited and waited, but the day finally arrived!


We also gave her her very own Thunder tshirt which she wasn't sure if I was serious about her having to wear or not.  I guess she didnt' realize just how big of a dork I am!  OF COURSE she had to wear it!!!

I guess I didn't realize how big of a dork she was either.....


Before the game we took a little walk along the canal to kill some time.


The highlight of the game for Noah was when he won a free tshirt by shooting hoops in a Chuck e Cheese style game before the game started.  He scored over 80 points and now has an adult XL shirt to prove it.  Don't know exactly when he's going to be able to show that one off....

We had a really good time despite the fact that the Thunder lost in the last seconds of the game to a team they should have EASILY beaten. It made for an exciting ending though.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: