Tuesday, February 8, 2011

D - Snow! - Take 1

Well, it turns out that it only takes about 5 posts to catch up on a year's worth of family fun.  Hmmmmm.  I guess my life isn't all that exciting after all.  From here on out it's all downhill, so I guess I'll ramble on a little about the weather.  That's what you do when you have nothing else to talk about, right?

Well, it's cold here.  And I hate being cold.  I freeze all summer long because I'm not dressed appropriately for the frigid restaurant temperatures, so I actually somewhat look forward to winter when I can layer up.  What I don't EVER look forward to is snow.  I'm not like you fun moms who are out building snowmen and sledding with your children.  I just layer the clothes on my kiddos and watch them from the window.  "Ahhhhhhh.  Aren't they cute?," I say as I laugh at their antics.

But since Mike is a much more fun father than I am a mother, he took the kiddos out to play.  See?  Proof.



And my sister, too, is more fun than I.  She and her fam came down to play.  I hear tales of exciting snowball fights and snowmen.  More proof.





But this picture....



....that one there, really got to me.  It sparked a memory from long ago of another time when I was looking out the window, watching this same kid eat him a big ole' snowball.

This one.



How can that be?

And when I was searching the computer for that one, I stumbled on this one.



And this one, which proves I once was willing to brave the frigid temps to be a fun mom.



Which tells me that I may have it in me to do it again.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be more fun than I was last week...... or maybe I'll just stay inside with this chick who also doesn't like to layer up and we'll just eat us some brownies!


2 comments:

KT said...

Awww, I love the look back. They change so much that it's nice to get a glimpse of something that doesn't change!

Brittany Elizabeth said...

I have exactly the same feelings on snow and cold weather and staying inside! But, I don't agree with you on one thing...YOU ARE SO FUN!!