Tuesday, October 7, 2008

D - Soccer Mom



Soccer Mom. That's me. I'm not even sure how it happened, but somehow I have grown to LOVE this sport. Not so much watching it on tv when adults with lots of talent play, but I love, love, LOVE watching my kids play. I love practice; I love games. I love it when it's hot or cold. I just LOVE it!




It all started 3 years ago when Noah joined a team with the YMCA. Here he is in one of his first couple of seasons. It's always been one of my favorite pics.

He was actually pretty good! That little bit of success was all it took for me to be hooked. He's still pretty good. I won't go crazy and say he's the best on his team, but I think he's got some talent! He definitely has a competitive spirit and really loves to play. Just look at this look on his face!


This has been the first season for Miss Katie to play. She ran out and scored a goal on her very first quarter of her first game, but came off the field crying and never wanting to go on again about 3 minutes later when the other team scored. Here's a pic of that first game. So sad!

I actually had to run up and down the field with her a couple of weeks ago just to get her to play. She did really great though the next week, and we didn't even have to bribe her to play! She now thinks she knows a lot and likes to give Noah pointers. Oh my, does he love that!

I love to make her look as girly as possible for the games. Don't you just love her skirt and hat?



Doing a little coaching of her own....



The team!






4 comments:

KT said...

Love the skirt! She is such a diva! Never would have thought you would contribute to that!!

Jana said...

Cousin Travis would be soo proud! Soccer is his sport. He hopes Jayden likes it too. We will see!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Lafe is playing soccer right now. I have to say that Basketball and Baseball are still my favorites. I think I would enjoy soccer a lot more if he wanted to run for the ball a little. I'm way too competitive to sit and watch him just run up and down the field! Oh well! He's a really laid back kid so I'm thinking we might try something a little slower paced like t-ball.

JB

jessica said...

She is a little doll and Noah looks so big!