Sunday, September 28, 2008

M - Run with the Bulls

It's become a bit of an annual tradition for me to participate in the Run with the Bulls 5k at the OKC Stockyards each August. I signed up for this year's event well before I knew I was going to have shoulder surgery and not be able to participate. But since I had already paid for my t-shirt, Noah and I headed down there a little after 0600hrs to pick up my shirt, have breakfast, and watch the start of the race. Being the competitive little booger he is, I thought it'd be something he would enjoy. Also, I'd love for races like this to be something we do together in the future.

Here's a pic of my view across the table during breakfast at Cattlemens. The steak and eggs were great and Noah mostly just enjoyed the fact that I let him have a soda pop for breakfast!





The start of the race is always the funnest as there is quite a bit of energy surrounding the event. Noah was BEGGING me to let him do the kids 1 Mile Fun Run. Of course, I had neither signed him up for it nor did he have shoes other than the normal flip-flops.




We stood around long enough to watch the fastest runners cross the line. As a result we were fortunate enough to meet this young lady who was born with Spina Bifida. We got to meet her parents and learn more about her racing chair which she'd just recently obtained. She was AMAZING and a real joy to meet.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: