Sunday, July 31, 2011

D - A Decade Later

See this kid?


Well, 10 years ago today, he looked a little more like this.


I believe my first words upon seeing the little guy were something like, "How big IS he???"


You see, at the time, he seemed HUGE.  And, in baby terms, he was.  9lbs, 7 oz to be exact.  Big, no?


It turns out, he was small.


He was my baby.


I'm crying.

You see, I just loved that little guy so very much.  And now, I love this big guy so much that I can barely see this screen as I type.  Wow.


Thank you, God, for my precious, precious boy with the great big heart, encouraging attitude, adventurous spirit, and competitive nature.  Thank you that he wants to do what is good.  He wants to be the best possible son, brother, cousin, friend, grandson, nephew, christian, athlete, student, Harry Potter spell-caster/wand-maker, monster truck driver, fisherman, frog-hunter, tether ball player that this world has ever seen.  And you gave him to me.  Thank you for the joy that he has given me and the many, many lessons I have learned that have come with the privilege of being his mother.

PS - I am neither sappy nor emotional.

1 comment:

KT said...

It's hard to believe it has been 10 years. He has grown up so much and is such a great kid, thanks you and Mike! And I'm glad you're not sappy and emotional anymore........