Thursday, August 20, 2009

D - 1st Day of School

Now that school is back in, I'm going to make a valiant effort at catching up on the blog. I can't believe how neglectful I've been this summer! We had a great time, and it just flew by. But now both of my babies are in school, so I have all of the time in the world to blog.

Oh, wait! Did I say that? How wrong I am. TWO of my babies are in school. My third baby is currently wearing me down, costing me sleep, making me cry, and driving me into a deep state of depression as I feel glued to my house and am constantly cleaning accidents up off of my kitchen floor. Yes, we finally caved in to Noah's year-long begging and got him a puppy. She is a cute, sweet, playful little 7-week old maltese named Sugar. But that is about all of the kind things I can say about her right now. I need to get some pictures from Mike, and there will be many more posts regarding my misery to follow.

But now, back to school!

This has been my easiest time with back to school yet. Noah has a great teacher who is the daughter of my grandparents' best friends, and my family has known her forever. I've heard from other school moms too that she is the teacher everyone wanted, so we're really excited. On top of that, 3 of Noah's best friends are in his class this year, so he wasn't scared at all. Yay! No tears for mom!





And this year even Miss Big Shot gets to go to school. Noah's Clyde Howell pre-k experience has been my favorite year yet. His teacher was sooooooooo wonderful and did so many extra things that no teacher since has lived up to the high bar she set. So, ever since Noah's last day of school, I've looked forward to Katie's first day there.

And here she goes.....



With 4 of her church friends in her class, this too was an easy transition. She was really pumped to go, and was all smiles for us. It's so fun to send her off to something that I know is so wonderful.


As you can tell, I'm very excited for both of them this year. Now if I could just feel as optimistic about my year....


4 comments:

sgtboz said...

And why exactly is that little monster to her left...um...gulp...holding her hand? Do you see the look in his eyes? I'm going to have to have a talk with his daddy. This is just totally out of control. :-)

Melanie said...

Are you sure that it was my sweet innocent son? Don't you remember that Eve led Adam into temptation... =)

KT said...

And may I say she was looking very chic for her first day of school!! Hate to hear about your doggie blues. I had a feeling....

Ledbetter Fam said...

Ok! I want to know who Noah's teacher is. You've got to e-mail me. Is it Jill?? Anyway, sorry to hear about the puppy thing. That's annoying, but when she gets older, it is going to be TOTALLY worth it. You're kids are going to love her!

JB