Monday, August 11, 2008

D - August

***Disclaimer! I felt much more strongly about this particular rant last week when I wrote this and it was much warmer than today AND we were stuck in the house all day AND I had crazy thoughts of getting my house clean AND apparently my patience was running a bit low. But I just downloaded the pictures today and thought I'd go ahead and post.


I hate August. It's hot. It's REALLY hot. There's no Sonshine School. And it's hot - REALLY hot. There's no Sonshine School, it's hot, and there are far fewer activities to participate in because out-of-doors is hot.


As I frantically try to clean my house, I picture Susan and Cathy sitting beside their swimming pools, eating grapes, looking at their blissfully clean homes with no young children in them and laughing at those of us moms who have grown to depend on them throughout the year. They enjoy that, don't they? I've noticed over the years that they love asking me during the month of August how I am doing. They watch with a gleeful look of anticipation as they await my tales of woe and longing for the month of September when they reopen their doors. Oh, how they enjoy this torture.


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all this extra time with my kids. I love to mop when they are home. I love that THEY love to mop when they are home. I love re-mopping after they do the mopping. Love it, love it, love it!



The mopping duo




Katie with her toy mop




Noah with the real thing




All of the standing water that I got to mop up after they had enough

1 comment:

Audrey said...

August, schmogust! At least you only have August. I've had ALL summer with them! Yes, all the way back to middle of May! No one is counting the days more than me!